updated: WESTPORT, Conn. -- Two lanes of I-95 north in Westport reopened Thursday morning after crews put out a car fire, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
The accident was on I-95 northbound between Exit 17 for Route 33/136 and Exit 18 for the Sherwood Island Connector. The fire was reported at 8:45 a.m. and closed the right and center lanes.
All of the highway lanes were reopened by 9:45 a.m. Thursday after the fire was extinguished and the scene cleared.
Stop-and-go traffic and small delays were reported in the area, DOT said.
- 1 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'
- 2 Fairfield Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Fairfield Man, 25, Charged With Shoving, Spitting On Parents
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Fairfield
- 5 At Least 40 Residents Displaced After Fire Destroys Four Bridgeport Houses