updated: WESTPORT, Conn. -- Two lanes of I-95 north in Westport reopened Thursday morning after crews put out a car fire, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
The accident was on I-95 northbound between Exit 17 for Route 33/136 and Exit 18 for the Sherwood Island Connector. The fire was reported at 8:45 a.m. and closed the right and center lanes.
All of the highway lanes were reopened by 9:45 a.m. Thursday after the fire was extinguished and the scene cleared.
Stop-and-go traffic and small delays were reported in the area, DOT said.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station