updated: WESTPORT, Conn. -- Two lanes of I-95 north in Westport reopened Thursday morning after crews put out a car fire, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
The accident was on I-95 northbound between Exit 17 for Route 33/136 and Exit 18 for the Sherwood Island Connector. The fire was reported at 8:45 a.m. and closed the right and center lanes.
All of the highway lanes were reopened by 9:45 a.m. Thursday after the fire was extinguished and the scene cleared.
Stop-and-go traffic and small delays were reported in the area, DOT said.
- 1 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving
- 5 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard