FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Jill Tarlov, a 59-year-old Fairfield resident who was hit by a bike as she walked in New York's Central Park, died of her injuries.
- Residents of Fairfield have a new reason to brag: MONEY Magazine has chosen the town as the 44th Best Place to Live in America in its 2014 edition of the popular list.
- A 23-year-old Fairfield man was committed to the hospital after dousing himself and his home in gasoline.
- Westport police arrested a Bridgeport couple Sara Bosill-Russell, 35, and Aran Russell, 34, along with a Fairfield woman, Stacey Friedman, 52, on charges of obtaining narcotics from local pharmacies through prescription fraud.
- The Mill Plain Road railroad overpass in Fairfield was closed after a cement truck overturned , pouring about 10 cubic yards of material on the roadway. The Fairfield Fire Department helped to clear the scene and free the stuck truck .
- Jennifer Ann Cassano, 19, of Rye, N.Y., is facing multiple charges after a fight in a Fairfield University parking lot with her boyfriend.
- Red Mango in Fairfield prides itself on offering yogurts, juices and smoothies that not only taste good, but are also good for you .
- The Fairfield Fury 10-and-under team won the Scarsdale Raider Fall Brawl fast-pitch softball tournament .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.