FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Fairfield police discovered 150 to 200 firearms , tens of thousands of rounds ammunition and a significant amount of explosive devices in the Bronson Road house, according to Police. The investigation is currently ongoing .
- The Fairfield Board of Selectmen is accepting nominations for its 10th annual Fairfield citizen and town employee of the year awards .
- Fairfield police are looking for a pair of men connected to two burglaries that occurred on Congress Street, police said.
- The death of Ayden Baskay, a two-year-old Danbury child, was ruled a homicide , as reported by the Connecticut Medical Examiner's Office. Christian Williams, 25, who was babysitting the toddler, was arrested and charged with manslaughter.
- Sacred Heart University in Fairfield announced a new two-and-a-half year doctorate of education program .
- Fairfield RTM member, Marc Patten announced his candidacy for one of the four seats on the Fairfield Board of Education.
- Miriam Carey, 34, a Stamford dental hygienist was shot and killed by police in Washington, D.C. after a wild chase, which put the Capitol building briefly on lockdown.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.