FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- The driver climbed out the window of his burning car to safety after a one-car crash while driving west on Congress before the Fairfield police and fire departments arrived at the scene.
- Emily Catherine Fedorko a high honors student at Greenwich high died at age 16 in a tragic boating accident in Greenwich.
- Fairfield Selectman Cristin McCarthy-Vahey won the Democratic nomination in primary election to run for the state House in the 133rd District.
- A Fairfield man Ricardo DaSilva, 31, was charged with strangling and assaulting his girlfriend during an argument at a home on May Street.
- A Fairfield man Christopher Belletzkie, 22, was arrested and charged with causing the vehicle crash in Trumbull that killed his cousin last year.
- Fairfield residents are invited to provide input at a meeting to discuss proposed repairs and renovations to the Penfield Beach Pavilion in the Board of Education Center.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 Fairfield Appoints Committee To Investigate Election Day Mishaps