FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- The driver climbed out the window of his burning car to safety after a one-car crash while driving west on Congress before the Fairfield police and fire departments arrived at the scene.
- Emily Catherine Fedorko a high honors student at Greenwich high died at age 16 in a tragic boating accident in Greenwich.
- Fairfield Selectman Cristin McCarthy-Vahey won the Democratic nomination in primary election to run for the state House in the 133rd District.
- A Fairfield man Ricardo DaSilva, 31, was charged with strangling and assaulting his girlfriend during an argument at a home on May Street.
- A Fairfield man Christopher Belletzkie, 22, was arrested and charged with causing the vehicle crash in Trumbull that killed his cousin last year.
- Fairfield residents are invited to provide input at a meeting to discuss proposed repairs and renovations to the Penfield Beach Pavilion in the Board of Education Center.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.