FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Greenfield Hill Congregational Church is holding a picnic Sunday, June 1, to honor Pastor Alida Ward’s 25 years of service to the church and her commitment to the community.
The community is invited to a special service to be held at 9 a.m., with a picnic lunch immediately following on the green at the church, 1045 Old Academy Road. This event will launch a three-part celebration that will continue into the fall.
Ward was born in Providence, R.I., and grew up in Charlottesville, Va. She graduated magna cum laude from Bryn Mawr College with a religion degree, received her Master of Divinity from Yale Divinity and her Doctorate of Ministry from Princeton Theological Seminary.
She is the third-longest serving pastor in the church’s nearly 300-year history.
Ward is currently on the board of Operation Hope and previously served as its president twice. She is a member of Fairfield Cares Community Coalition, the Storm Sandy Recovery Committee and the Fairfield Advisory Committee for the Center for Family Justice.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Fairfield Sky