FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Two of the chilliest words could be returning to Fairfield County early this fall, according to AccuWeather: polar vortex.
"The vortex could slip at times, maybe even briefly in September for the Northeast," AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said in a statement. "There could be a significant shot of chilly air that comes across the Great Lakes region and into the interior Northeast sometime in mid- to late-September."
After the polar vortex exits the area, El Niño will make its debut in early winter and could bring significant snowfall.
"December could get kind of wild due to the very active southern jet stream that is going to provide the moisture for bigger snowstorms," Pastelok said in a statement. "The Northeast could have a couple of big storms in December and early January."
For more, check the full report from AccuWeather.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash