FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The holiday weekend will get off to a damp start in Fairfield County, but the unofficial start to summer will be filled with sunny skies and temperatures in the low 80s on Memorial Day, according to the National Weather Service.
Friday will be a copy of Thursday, with chances of showers increasing in the afternoon with the possibility of a thunderstorm or two that could produce small hail. Temperatures will once again be in the mid to upper 60s, according to the forecast.
The rain will start to move out Saturday, but skies will remain cloudy throughout the day. There is a chance of a passing shower or thunderstorm in the afternoon, according to the forecast.
The sun will return when the holiday weekend is in full swing Sunday, with mostly sunny skies with high temperatures in the mid-70s. There will be a slight chance of a shower in the morning.
Memorial Day is expected to be about as picture-perfect as anyone could hope, with great parade-watching, barbecuing and beach-going weather. Expect sunny skies and temperatures right around 80 degrees to mark the unofficial start of summer.
- 1 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Fairfield
- 5 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max