FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Fairfield Fire Commission voted not to renew Deputy Fire Chief Art Reid's contract with little discussion two weeks ago, and an online petition is demanding an explanation.
The petition on Change.org was started over the weekend and has already gained over 300 signatures and not just from Fairfield.
The petition calls for First Selectman Mike Tetreau to give explain why Reid's contract was not renewed.
"The town of Fairfield demands a full and detailed public explanation of the decision not to renew Deputy Fire Chief Art Reid's contract," the petition reads.
The petition says, "During his 12-year tenure as a leader of the Fairfield Fire Department, Deputy Chief Reid has an unblemished record, with no documented performance concerns. He is well-respected and has the support of the entire department. Further, he is a well-known and respected leader in the community -- the kind of person any town would love to have serving and someone Fairfield is lucky to call their own."
The petition called the vote to not renew Reid's contract "corrupt behavior (and nonaction)" and demands that Tetreau and the commission give an explanation as to why the contract was not renewed.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield