FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Fairfield Ludlowe High School and Fairfield Warde High School were named among the top high schools in Connecticut and received a silver medal rating in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- A New Haven couple was arrested in Fairfield on multiple drug and vehicular charges.
- Fairfield police are warning parents that a suspicious man was seen twice in the area of Sky Top Drive and the Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course.
- Sean Obi, a former star at Greens Farms Academy in Westport and a resident of Greenwich, will transfer to play basketball at Duke University.
- Fairfield police are investigating an alleged attack on a Sacred Heart University student in October.
- A Fairfield man was charged with drunken driving after he hit the air conditioning unit of a neighbor's house.
Fairfield police charged a Bridgeport man with breach of peace after his wife called to report he had punched her and pushed her out of a car.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare