FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Robert Smith, 22, was charged in connection with 16 Fairfield burglaries and others in Greenwich, Wilton and Redding during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
- Bridgeport resident Albrent Daniels, 39, a cab driver and convicted felon, was arrested with loaded 9mm handgun and marijuana in his taxi cab during a motor vehicle stop.
- The Fairfield Representative Town Meeting (RTM) unanimously elected Mary McCullough as the first female moderator for the legislative body.
- Fairfield received a AAA Bond rating from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services and rated the town’s management conditions as “very strong”.
- A 33-year-old Fairfield woman, Arlene Gaspar, was arrested on violation of probation, but she allegedly kicked her arresting officer .
- A possible tragedy was averted as Metro-North train stopped within 10 feet of a Norwalk school bus stalled and sitting on the tracks with about 40 children on board.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.