FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Robert Smith, 22, was charged in connection with 16 Fairfield burglaries and others in Greenwich, Wilton and Redding during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
- Bridgeport resident Albrent Daniels, 39, a cab driver and convicted felon, was arrested with loaded 9mm handgun and marijuana in his taxi cab during a motor vehicle stop.
- The Fairfield Representative Town Meeting (RTM) unanimously elected Mary McCullough as the first female moderator for the legislative body.
- Fairfield received a AAA Bond rating from Standard & Poor's Ratings Services and rated the town’s management conditions as “very strong”.
- A 33-year-old Fairfield woman, Arlene Gaspar, was arrested on violation of probation, but she allegedly kicked her arresting officer.
- A possible tragedy was averted as Metro-North train stopped within 10 feet of a Norwalk school bus stalled and sitting on the tracks with about 40 children on board.
- 1 Fairfield Student Reported Missing At Rochester Institute Of Technology
- 2 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 3 Police: Fairfield Student Found With 11 Grams Of Psychedelic Mushrooms
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Fairfield Woman Who Crashed Car Into Garage Was Drunk