FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Fairfield Police Department's Marine Unit rescued seven people from the waters of Long Island Sound in just under an hour.
- Fairfield police arrested a local woman, Jennifer Ranney, 37, for leaving her two young children in a running car in front of the Bob's Store on the Post Road.
- Sally Fulcher of Fairfield, will be running a half marathon in honor of her friend Cindy Shanley's 20-month-old daughter Reagan, who was diagnosed with hydrocephalus.
- A 71-year-old Fairfield man Douglas Prescott turned himself in to police after learning there was a warrant for his arrest on a charge of driving under the influence.
- Two Connecticut dentists, one from Fairfield, Paul Dengelegi, 51, and the other from Stamford, George Betser, 71, have been charged with grand larceny in a case of Medicaid fraud.
Fairfield police arrested a Bridgeport man, Jesus Ortiz, 22, in connection with three shoplifting incidents at the Home Depot in November.