FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Fairfield police officers went to ShopRite to show shoppers how easy it is for thieves to steal their personal items while they are shopping.
- Police arrested Javier Campos, a 28-year-old Fairfield man after a motor vehicle accident led officers to believe he was driving while drunk, police said.
- A Fairfield dry-cleaning shop is out more than $7,000 after falling victim to a United Illuminating Co. impersonation scam, police said.
- The Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk metropolitan area has been rated as the most unequal place in America by Business Insider .
- Following their success with their cheese shop in town, Fairfield couple Laura Downey and Chris Palumbo opened the Greenwich Cheese Company on East Putnam Avenue, which is dedicated to the delicate art of cheese-making.
- Three men pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a kidnapping and subsequent robbery of Lenox Jewelers in Fairfield in April 2013.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.