FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Many streets are closed and more than 90 percent of Fairfield is without power Tuesday morning, the town says.
Officials want residents to stay home and off the roads as crews clear trees and wires. Officials say residents should consider any downed wires live and very dangerous.
Any floodwaters may also be contaminated.
- All streets south of the Old Post Road, Old Field Road, and Westway Road are in the mandatory evacuation area.
About 190 residents and 40 pets are currently sheltering at Ludlowe High School. The town's Emergency Call Center, at 203-256-4899, is being staffed.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich
- 5 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal