FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Many streets are closed and more than 90 percent of Fairfield is without power Tuesday morning, the town says.
Officials want residents to stay home and off the roads as crews clear trees and wires. Officials say residents should consider any downed wires live and very dangerous.
Any floodwaters may also be contaminated.
- All streets south of the Old Post Road, Old Field Road, and Westway Road are in the mandatory evacuation area.
About 190 residents and 40 pets are currently sheltering at Ludlowe High School. The town's Emergency Call Center, at 203-256-4899, is being staffed.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash