FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Many streets are closed and more than 90 percent of Fairfield is without power Tuesday morning, the town says.
Officials want residents to stay home and off the roads as crews clear trees and wires. Officials say residents should consider any downed wires live and very dangerous.
Any floodwaters may also be contaminated.
- All streets south of the Old Post Road, Old Field Road, and Westway Road are in the mandatory evacuation area.
About 190 residents and 40 pets are currently sheltering at Ludlowe High School. The town's Emergency Call Center, at 203-256-4899, is being staffed.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Wet Weather Returning To Fairfield
- 5 Fire-Damaged Southport Pizzeria Reopens Stronger Than Ever