FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Many streets are closed and more than 90 percent of Fairfield is without power Tuesday morning, the town says.
Officials want residents to stay home and off the roads as crews clear trees and wires. Officials say residents should consider any downed wires live and very dangerous.
Any floodwaters may also be contaminated.
- All streets south of the Old Post Road, Old Field Road, and Westway Road are in the mandatory evacuation area.
About 190 residents and 40 pets are currently sheltering at Ludlowe High School. The town's Emergency Call Center, at 203-256-4899, is being staffed.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Fairfield Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up