FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield educators told the Board of Finance during a meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 7, that they are expecting a $1.2 million to $1.6 million shortfall in the 2014 budget, according to Minuteman News Center.
A large portion of the shortfall is said to come from students who need outplacement services that require transportation and tuition. The district said there are 17 more children that require these services than originally anticipated, Minuteman News Center reported.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire