FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield educators told the Board of Finance during a meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 7, that they are expecting a $1.2 million to $1.6 million shortfall in the 2014 budget, according to Minuteman News Center.
A large portion of the shortfall is said to come from students who need outplacement services that require transportation and tuition. The district said there are 17 more children that require these services than originally anticipated, Minuteman News Center reported.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield