FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield educators told the Board of Finance during a meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 7, that they are expecting a $1.2 million to $1.6 million shortfall in the 2014 budget, according to Minuteman News Center.
A large portion of the shortfall is said to come from students who need outplacement services that require transportation and tuition. The district said there are 17 more children that require these services than originally anticipated, Minuteman News Center reported.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders