FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield educators told the Board of Finance during a meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 7, that they are expecting a $1.2 million to $1.6 million shortfall in the 2014 budget, according to Minuteman News Center.
A large portion of the shortfall is said to come from students who need outplacement services that require transportation and tuition. The district said there are 17 more children that require these services than originally anticipated, Minuteman News Center reported.
- 1 7 Fairfield Elementary Schools Listed Among Top 100 In State
- 2 Police: Fairfield Dad Drove Drunk After Taking His Kids Sledding
- 3 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Fairfield; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely