FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield educators told the Board of Finance during a meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 7, that they are expecting a $1.2 million to $1.6 million shortfall in the 2014 budget, according to Minuteman News Center.
A large portion of the shortfall is said to come from students who need outplacement services that require transportation and tuition. The district said there are 17 more children that require these services than originally anticipated, Minuteman News Center reported.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Fairfield Sky