FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Because of the increased rainfall from the last few storms, the Fairfield Department of Health has closed the swimming areas in Fairfield.
The Lake Mohegan swimming area will be closed through Wednesday, July 16, as well. The department says that with the additional rainfall Tuesday the swimming closures could be extended.
If residents want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
The beaches in Norwalk and Westport are closed as well.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders