FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Because of the increased rainfall from the last few storms, the Fairfield Department of Health has closed the swimming areas in Fairfield.
The Lake Mohegan swimming area will be closed through Wednesday, July 16, as well. The department says that with the additional rainfall Tuesday the swimming closures could be extended.
If residents want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
The beaches in Norwalk and Westport are closed as well.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Fairfield Liquor Store Robbed At Gunpoint For Second Time In A Month
- 5 Fairfield Kids Honored For Beach Cleanup In The Community