FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Because of the increased rainfall from the last few storms, the Fairfield Department of Health has closed the swimming areas in Fairfield.
The Lake Mohegan swimming area will be closed through Wednesday, July 16, as well. The department says that with the additional rainfall Tuesday the swimming closures could be extended.
If residents want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
The beaches in Norwalk and Westport are closed as well.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield
- 4 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport