FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Because of the increased rainfall from the last few storms, the Fairfield Department of Health has closed the swimming areas in Fairfield.
The Lake Mohegan swimming area will be closed through Wednesday, July 16, as well. The department says that with the additional rainfall Tuesday the swimming closures could be extended.
If residents want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
The beaches in Norwalk and Westport are closed as well.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Search Of Long Island Sound Begins For Missing Boater From Fairfield
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Ring's End Employee From Fairfield Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash