FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Because of the increased rainfall from the last few storms, the Fairfield Department of Health has closed the swimming areas in Fairfield.
The Lake Mohegan swimming area will be closed through Wednesday, July 16, as well. The department says that with the additional rainfall Tuesday the swimming closures could be extended.
If residents want to swim in Long Island Sound, the beaches are open Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park, according to the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection's website.
The beaches in Norwalk and Westport are closed as well.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact Fairfield On Wednesday
- 3 Fairfield Police Chief MacNamara Injured After Squad Car Is Rear-Ended
- 4 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 5 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm