FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Joshua Devecchio, 19, of Madison, was charged in a sexual assault reported on the Fairfield University campus.
- Near blizzard conditions brought about seven inches of snow and single-digit temperatures to Stamford on Thursday into Friday.
- Fairfield Police charged a Redding man a pharmacist at the Black Rock Turnpike CVS Pharmacy with altering a prescription.
- Fairfield native Audrey Beauvais received the Josephine A. Dolan Diamond Jubilee Award for her contributions to nursing education at the Connecticut Nurses Association's annual convention.
- Westport police believe Annette White, the woman who was found dead in the Saugatuck River, had been hit by a Metro-North train while crossing the railroad bridge over the river.
- Professor Robin Danzak, of Fairfield's Sacred Heart University’s Department of Speech-Language Pathology, was receives Fulbright Junior Research Award.
- A Ridgefield man Vyacheslav Cherepov, 26, was arrested in connection with a hit-and-run accident in a Greenwich parking lot that killed 21-year-old Meghan Beebe.
- 1 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 2 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot
- 4 Police Track Down Suspect After Southport Residents Interrupt Home Burglary
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say