FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- A Fairfield woman was arrested on disorderly conduct charges after she allegedly threw her phone and broke a glass in front of her 11-year-old son.
- The median price of homes in Fairfield rose 14-percent in the first quarter of 2014.
- Singer/songwriter Paul Simon, 72, and his wife Edie Brickell, 48, were arrested in their New Canaan home after an apparent domestic dispute.
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- The suspect in the fatal stabbing of a 16-year-old junior at Milford's Jonathan Law High School was identified as the "class clown."
- Fairfield police added a strangulation charge to the list of charges in the December arrest of Blake Warner, 30, after further investigating the incident.
- Fairfield police arrested a Westport woman at the Integrated Medical Center on Tunxis Hill Road after a theft was reported from a car in the parking lot.
A Fairfield resident was charged with two counts of second-degree harassment, two counts of second-degree stalking and first-degree criminal trespassing for stalking his ex-girlfriend.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued