DARIEN, Conn. -- Family Centers’ annual Hope Lights Lives luminary project is seeking volunteers to sell assemble and deliver luminary kits for the annual lighting to benefit the Center for HOPE and The Den for Grieving Kids.
Hope Lights Lives relies on than 600 volunteers from across Fairfield County to sell luminary kits and deliver order forms to households on their streets. Volunteers also help assemble luminary kits and distribute them to their neighbors for the lighting ceremony.
After the kits are assembled and delivered residents of Darien, Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Rowayton, Southport, Stamford, Weston and Wilton residents will adorn their lawns with luminaries as part of a county-wide lighting on Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. In addition to creating a festive display, the luminaries are also meant to honor loved ones who have died or are coping with a critical illness.
Each year, the Hope Lights Lives campaign sells more than 5,000 luminary kits across Fairfield County, and raises more than of 100,000 dollars for the Center for HOPE and The Den for Grieving Kids.
To volunteer or purchase a luminary kit visit www.familycenters.org or contact Aleksa Lazarewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-869-4848.
- 1 Fairfield Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Fairfield, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Fairfield Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Fairfield; Blizzard Warning Issued