FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- A fire at Engravers World in downtown Fairfield shut down the Post Road for hours on Thursday. Fire officials said the blaze may have started in a coffee pot .
- An elderly man was reportedly carjacked from the Fitness Edge gym in Fairfield. Bridgeport and Fairfield police were investigating the case.
- Fairfield police are looking for the woman who caused a six-car accident at the Cumberland Farms gas station on Kings Way on Monday night to arrest her on drunken-driving charges.
- Fairfield police arrested a parent on alcohol charges after they shut down an underage party with alcohol and marijuana on Hunyadi Road.
- New restaurant “Craft 260” opens at 260 Post Road in Fairfield and serves up craft beer and American comfort food.
- The Fairfield Fire Department was called to Sacred Heart University, after a report of minor spill of sulfuric and nitric acids in the main Administration building.
- More than 10 vehicle batteries have been reported stolen from the Fairfield Department of Public Works garage.
- A manager at the Victoria's Secrets on the Post Road in Fairfield reported that a woman had stolen over $2,000 worth of bras from the store.
- Officers responding to a report of a fight among several teens at Knapps Green Park in Fairfield, arrested one teen Pharoah Eaton, 18, on a weapons charge .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.