FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Four-time Olympian Julie Chu, a Fairfield native, has been elected to carry the American flag at the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympic Games.
- An 18-year-old Easton woman was charged with trespassing after she smashed a crystal chandelier with a fireplace screen at her boyfriend's home on Melville Avenue.
- Kevin Michael Coughlin of Stamford, formerly of Fairfield, died at age of 47.
- Several Fairfield students achieved academic honors from their respective colleges.
- Local Kitchen in Fairfield won third prize in the soup/bisque category at the sixth annual Chowdafest Connecticut .
- State Senate Minority Leader John McKinney (R-Fairfield) is calling for 10 debates among his fellow GOP gubernatorial candidates before the Republican State Party Convention on May 17.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.