FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- A man was found dead in a Fairfield home at 32 Clinton St. during a Hazmat incident. He was identified as Allan Banks, 69, and his death has been ruled a suicide.
- Two runners alerted the Southport Fire Department to a blaze at Sammy's Southport Pizza shop.
- An accident involving two tractor-trailers and a spill of rolls of paper onto the highway jammed traffic on Interstate 95 northbound in Norwalk.
- An 18-year-old Easton teen was arrested on charges of violating a protective order after she contacted a Fairfield man.
- Fairfield police charge a Bridgeport man with assaulting his girlfriend in BJ's parking lot.
A Fairfield university student was charged with littering for flinging newspapers on the southbound side of Reef Road and onto a front yard.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire