FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- A man was found dead in a Fairfield home at 32 Clinton St. during a Hazmat incident. He was identified as Allan Banks, 69, and his death has been ruled a suicide.
- Two runners alerted the Southport Fire Department to a blaze at Sammy's Southport Pizza shop.
- An accident involving two tractor-trailers and a spill of rolls of paper onto the highway jammed traffic on Interstate 95 northbound in Norwalk.
- An 18-year-old Easton teen was arrested on charges of violating a protective order after she contacted a Fairfield man.
- Fairfield police charge a Bridgeport man with assaulting his girlfriend in BJ's parking lot.
A Fairfield university student was charged with littering for flinging newspapers on the southbound side of Reef Road and onto a front yard.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 4 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman