WESTPORT, Conn. -- Metro-North train station parking lots throughout Fairfield County are seeing an increase in scooter commuters, and it isn't simply because of the warm weather, according to The Westport News.
For many residents, the move to a scooter to get to the train station makes good financial sense. Scooters aren't subject to property tax, don't require registration, and, perhaps most importantly, don't require a costly parking permit that can take years to obtain, the Westport News reported.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light