WESTPORT, Conn. -- Metro-North train station parking lots throughout Fairfield County are seeing an increase in scooter commuters, and it isn't simply because of the warm weather, according to The Westport News.
For many residents, the move to a scooter to get to the train station makes good financial sense. Scooters aren't subject to property tax, don't require registration, and, perhaps most importantly, don't require a costly parking permit that can take years to obtain, the Westport News reported.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire