EASTON, Conn. - Minnie Z. Green of Easton died Saturday, Aug. 3. She was 94.
Green was born in New Haven, daughter of Louis and Anne Zoffin, and was a licensed funeral director serving the Jewish community for over 55 years. She and her husband worked together in establishing the funeral home 65 years ago, serving the needs of the Jewish community.
She was a member of Congregation Rodeph Sholom, and was a past president of the Sisterhood of Rodeph Sholom. She was a member of numerous Jewish organizations, and served on many of the boards and committees in the greater Bridgeport area.
Green is survived by her sons, Martin H. Green, Samuel A. Green (Cheryl) all of Trumbull; two grandsons; and by several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Abraham L. Green; and sisters, Daisy Finkel, Lilly Rose Zoffin and Bella Laskewitz.
Services will be held Tuesday, Aug. 6 at 1 p.m. from The Abraham L. Green and Son Funeral Home 88 Beach Road in Fairfield, with interment following at Loyalty Cemetery on Burroughs Road. Shiva will be observed at the home of Cheryl and Sam Green Tuesday, Aug 6 following services, through Sunday, Aug. 11 evening. Minyan services will be held Tuesday, Aug. 6, Wednesday, Aug 7 and Thursday, Aug. 8 at 7 p.m.
- 1 Two Students From Fairfield Warde Seriously Injured In Midday Car Crash
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Big Crowds Turn Out For Fairfield's Memorial Day Parade
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield