FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Here’s a look at the top stories from around Fairfield County last week.
- The search continued for missing couple Jeanette and Jeffrey Navin of Easton, who have not been seen since Aug. 4. This week state police took over the investigation , and on Wednesday night the couple’s son Kyle Navin was reportedly named a person of interest in the case after police searched his Bridgeport home.
- Singer Harry Connick Jr.’s daughter was charged with hosting an underage drinking party at their New Canaan home. Police were reportedly called to the home and found several people between 18 and 20 years old drinking alcohol. George Connick, 19, was issued a summons for providing alcohol to minors.
- Two former Norwalk residents were killed in a car crash on the Taconic State Parkway in Yorktown last weekend. Ledell Mulvaney, 61, and her daughter Katherine Mulvaney, 31, were remembered for their musical ability and their passion for social justice. A vigil was held for them at the First Congregational Church of Norwalk.
- A 3-year-old Stamford girl suffered serious injuries after being accidentally run over in her mother’s driveway . Police said the mother was unloading groceries when the car began to roll backwards and rolled over the girl. The girl was taken to Stamford Hospital and later air-lifted to Yale-New Haven Hospital for treatment.
- Actress/comedian Rosie O’Donnell’s 17-year-old daughter was reported missing in nearby Nyack, N.Y. , prompting a two-day search before she was eventually found at a home on the Jersey Shore. O’Donnell later revealed that the girl was found at the home of a heroin dealer she met on Tinder .
- General Electric Co. is reportedly having exploratory talks about moving its headquarters from Fairfield to Atlanta . It was also reported this week that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo visited GE executives last month in an attempt to lure the company to Westchester.
- New York Yankees players Brian McCann and Chase Headley, along with Manager Joe Girardi, General Manager Brian Cashman and General Partner/Vice Chairman Jennifer Steinbrenner-Swindal surprised the workers and staff at the Prospector Theater in Ridgefield as part of a weeklong Yankees event called HOPE Week. The theater provides employment opportunities to people with mental and physical disabilities. Both the theater staff and the baseball players were delighted to spend time with each other.
- Two Stamford police officers saved the life of a 64-year-old golfer who had a heart attack at the Sterling Farms Golf Course Tuesday. Lt. Tom Scanlon first rushed to the man, and was later joined by Officer Frank Laconna. Both officers performed CPR until paramedics arrived.
- Nicole Pozzi put a unique spin on raising money with a fundraiser in Westport . The Greenwich native hosted a SoulCycle spin class in Westport to raise money for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America so that people could have fun while supporting a worthy cause.
- Darien runner Jennifer St. Jean won a silver medal at the World Masters Track and Field Championship in Lyon, France . After hanging up her track cleats 17 years ago, she came back to compete in the women’s (40-44) 1500-meter run at the race, and is now ranked second in the world in her event.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.