FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines. That incident came just a day after a train was disabled at the Green's Farms stop in Westport due to the extreme cold.
- A surprise storm dumped eight inches of snow on Fairfield and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- Paul Seeman, 59, a former California Superior Court judge was arrested and charged with fighting with his wife Kristin Seeman, 69, at the Delamar Hotel in Southport.
- Corey Sparks, 19, of Bridgeport, was charged with driving with a suspended license, unregistered car and carrying a BB gun in the glove compartment.
- Logan Christie, 28, a babysitter from Fairfield charged with punching and kicking police officer in New Canaan.
- A 33-year-old Fairfield man Richard Turner, arrested on disorderly conduct charges after breaking items and flipping over a table during a fight with a family member at a home on Suburban Avenue.
A growing number of people in Fairfield County don’t always know where their next meal is coming from, according to a new study done by the Fairfield County Community Foundation.
- 1 Fairfield Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bridgeport Woman Charged In Fight With Roommate In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Fairfield With Snow, Ice Arriving