FAIRFIELD, Conn. - From mosquitoes infected with the West Nile virus to a charity fundraiser at Dairy Queen, here are the top news stories in Fairfield from the week:
The Fairfield Health Department announced Tuesday that a mosquito trapped in Fairfield tested positive for the West Nile virus.
The Dairy Queen on the Post Road hosted an all-day event Thursday, donating all proceeds from Blizzard sales to the Maria Fareri Children's Hospital in New York.
Fairfield police charged a local man with reckless driving and assault after a car chase left police struggling to restrain him Wednesday night.
Two men were charged with possession of cocaine after an officer asked whether there was anything illegal in the car.
Police were looking for a mother and son suspected in the theft of a cellphone from a diner table.
A resident spotted a suspicious man in his yard early Tuesday, leading police to arrest the man in connection with a theft from a motor vehicle.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 3 Tree Worker Injured After More Than 40-Foot Fall In Fairfield
- 4 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66
- 5 Waterbury Woman Killed By Train In Fairfield Identified