FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Initial investigations into the fire on Crane Street that killed a 47-year-old woman and her 19-year-old daughter show that there were no workings smoke alarms in the house that could have alerted the residents.
- A gas explosion in Harlem killed at least eight people and shut down all Metro-North service for hours.
- Four people were arrested after they tried to sell a Fairfield man a stolen Kubota skid steer tractor for a third of its value.
- Fairfield resident Scott Matthews, 44, got into a fight with his ex-brother-in-law Todd Roberts, 48, over paying the $100,000 bond to get his teenage daughter out of jail, ending with the arrest of both men on assault charges.
Two Fairfield women Alissa Savage, 22 and Tiffany Bertanza, 30 were arrested in separate incidents and charged with stealing makeup from the Super Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue in Fairfield
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Doctor From Fairfield Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 3 NY Times Details Watch Obsession Of Fairfield's John Mayer
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House