FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Initial investigations into the fire on Crane Street that killed a 47-year-old woman and her 19-year-old daughter show that there were no workings smoke alarms in the house that could have alerted the residents.
- A gas explosion in Harlem killed at least eight people and shut down all Metro-North service for hours.
- Four people were arrested after they tried to sell a Fairfield man a stolen Kubota skid steer tractor for a third of its value.
- Fairfield resident Scott Matthews, 44, got into a fight with his ex-brother-in-law Todd Roberts, 48, over paying the $100,000 bond to get his teenage daughter out of jail, ending with the arrest of both men on assault charges .
- Two Fairfield women Alissa Savage, 22 and Tiffany Bertanza, 30 were arrested in separate incidents and charged with stealing makeup from the Super Stop & Shop on Villa Avenue in Fairfield
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.