STAMFORD, Conn. -- The accident on I-95 in Stamford has been cleared, DOT said.
Original story: STAMFORD, Conn. -- A multi-car crash was blocking the left lane of I-95 southbound in Stamford on Thursday afternoon, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident was reported at 4:16 p.m. Emergency vehicles were on the scene. It was not clear how long it would take to clear the roadway.
I-95 southbound was congested for 3.1 miles between Exit 10 in Darien and Exit 7 in Stamford because of the crash.
For the Thursday afternoon commute, traffic backups were also reported for 21 miles on I-95 northbound from Exit 8 in Stamford to Exit 27 in Bridgeport.
Delays on the northbound Merritt Parkway were reported for 9.7 miles from Exit 29 in Greenwich to Exit 37 in New Canaan.
Delays were also seen on I-95 southbound between Exits 5 and 2 in Greenwich.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In Fairfield; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report