FAIRFIELD, Conn. - The northbound Exit 22 off I-95 will be closed Monday, July 28, as the Connecticut Department of Transportation works on electrical improvements for the Fairfield rest area, which is undergoing renovations.
The work taking place will impact traffic only on the northbound side of I-95 at Exit 22, state officials say. But the work will involve closing the exit ramp leading from I-95 to Round Hill Road and the access road located at Tomlinson Middle School between Unquowa Road and Round Hill Road to traffic from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
State officials say the closure could continue into a second day, Tuesday, July 29, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. if there is bad weather or delays.
There will be a signed detour in place to direct traffic with a local police officer near the site.
If needed, emergency access will be granted for the access road leading from Tomlinson Middle School on Unquowa Road out to Round Hill Road.
For more information, contact the Fairfield Engineering Department at 203-256-3015.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare