FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A public meeting held by Fairfield town and school officials on Thursday, Jan. 9 answered residents' questions about the status of security at local schools, according to the Fairfield Citizen.
Although details were not revealed for safety reasons, officials did say that cameras and door buzzers are in place at all elementary and middle schools as well as continuous monitoring of the front door at the high schools, the article said.
Many parents want to see increased budgets for security measures to ensure the safety of their children, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Fairfield's Maisel Family Holds Memorial Service For Missing Son, Max
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Injured Driver Pulled From Early Morning Wreck In Fairfield
- 5 Police: Fairfield Man Charged With Assaulting Mother's Boyfriend, 66