FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A public meeting held by Fairfield town and school officials on Thursday, Jan. 9 answered residents' questions about the status of security at local schools, according to the Fairfield Citizen.
Although details were not revealed for safety reasons, officials did say that cameras and door buzzers are in place at all elementary and middle schools as well as continuous monitoring of the front door at the high schools, the article said.
Many parents want to see increased budgets for security measures to ensure the safety of their children, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Fairfield Police: Burglars Took Jewelry From Round Hill Road Home
- 4 Thousands Charged To Fairfield Woman's Stolen Credit Cards
- 5 Easton Man Arrested After Crashing Car In Fairfield, Fleeing On Foot