FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A public meeting held by Fairfield town and school officials on Thursday, Jan. 9 answered residents' questions about the status of security at local schools, according to the Fairfield Citizen.
Although details were not revealed for safety reasons, officials did say that cameras and door buzzers are in place at all elementary and middle schools as well as continuous monitoring of the front door at the high schools, the article said.
Many parents want to see increased budgets for security measures to ensure the safety of their children, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving