FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A public meeting held by Fairfield town and school officials on Thursday, Jan. 9 answered residents' questions about the status of security at local schools, according to the Fairfield Citizen.
Although details were not revealed for safety reasons, officials did say that cameras and door buzzers are in place at all elementary and middle schools as well as continuous monitoring of the front door at the high schools, the article said.
Many parents want to see increased budgets for security measures to ensure the safety of their children, according to the report.
Read the full story here.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Fairfield Couple Opens Up New Cheese Shop In Greenwich
- 5 3 Men Plead Guilty To Kidnapping, Jewelry Store Robbery In Fairfield