FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- After the fog gave way Thursday, it was clear that the nearly 4 inches of rain that had fallen in Fairfield had left rivers and streams running over their banks.
Norwalk saw a whopping 4.52 inches of rainfall during Wednesday's storm, while 3.8 inches fell on Stamford. Northern Fairfield County towns saw a little less, with 2.78 inches reported at Danbury Airport, according to the National Weather Service.
Did you see take any pictures of the flooding? Send them to The Daily Voice and have them included in our gallery.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Fairfield, Thunderstorms Possible