FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A nor’easter has arrived in Fairfield, bringing with it the first snowfall of the season. Here are a few pictures of the snow hitting the Fairfield Center area.
The National Weather Service predicts a mix of rain and snow will fall Wednesday afternoon in Fairfield; it is expected to switch to all snow by nightfall. The storm will continue until Thursday afternoon, when it will switch to all rain. In all, Fairfield is expected to get between 1-2 inches of snow from the storm.
The storm also will bring high winds, with speeds of 25-35 mph and gusts up to 60 mph. A high wind warning is in effect until 4 a.m. Thursday. A coastal flood warning is also in effect until 7 a.m. Thursday.
Have any photos of Thursday’s storm of your own? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org to have them added to our gallery.
- 1 Police: Chief MacNamara, Baby OK After Three-Car Crash In Fairfield
- 2 Hwang, Fawcett Clash On Same-Sex Marriage At Fairfield Debate
- 3 Power Outages Restored In Fairfield After Storm
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home