FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Paolo and Clara Cavalli are looking forward to opening their new restaurant in Fairfield, Brick + Wood, in the location of his family's restaurant Ponte Vecchio in early September.
- A Fairfield dad and three children were safely brought back to the South Benson Marina after their catamaran capsized on Long Island Sound.
- A Fairfield man, Andrew Vossler, 47, was driving slowly down Turney Road and was stopped by an officer after he crossed the double yellow line. He was arrested on DUI charges.
- Fairfield officers arrested 18-year-old Grant Potter after he broke a friend's car window with his elbow after a fight, police said.
- Former swim coach Jeffrey Schare, 44, of Fairfield, who also taught at Westport's Staples High School, pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting two young girls from Fairfield.
- Trumbull resident Catherine Hughes, 47, turned herself in to Fairfield police after video surveillance showed her hitting a parked car outside a bar in April.
- After a long investigation, Fairfield police charged Bridgeport resident Joel Lopez, 27, with four car break-ins at the Edge Fitness Center in January.