FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Fairfield police are seeking help from the community to find vandals who spray-painted the scoreboard and dugout at Mill Hill Elementary School, the home of the Fairfield American Little League baseball program.
- Teams from the Fairfield Fury softball program finished second in PONY Southington Summer Scorcher and USSSA Summer Spectactular tournament.
- The Fairfield Little League Girls Softball 11-year-old all-star team clinched the Little League state championship with a 14-0 win over Waterford.
- A FedEx tractor-trailer rolled over on the Post Road in Fairfield after a collision with a small SUV.
- According to the quarterly report from William Pitt Sotheby’s International Realty, a late flurry of activity helped push sales and pricing upward in the second quarter in the Fairfield real estate market.
- A Fairfield woman was bilked out of more than $11,000 by a phone scam artist pretending to be from the IRS.
- Fairfield resident Laura Devlin received the Republican Party’s endorsement and will run for the House of Representatives seat in the 134th Assembly District representing Fairfield and Trumbull.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare