FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Fairfield police are seeking help from the community to find vandals who spray-painted the scoreboard and dugout at Mill Hill Elementary School, the home of the Fairfield American Little League baseball program.
- Teams from the Fairfield Fury softball program finished second in PONY Southington Summer Scorcher and USSSA Summer Spectactular tournament.
- The Fairfield Little League Girls Softball 11-year-old all-star team clinched the Little League state championship with a 14-0 win over Waterford.
- A FedEx tractor-trailer rolled over on the Post Road in Fairfield after a collision with a small SUV.
- According to the quarterly report from William Pitt Sotheby’s International Realty, a late flurry of activity helped push sales and pricing upward in the second quarter in the Fairfield real estate market.
- A Fairfield woman was bilked out of more than $11,000 by a phone scam artist pretending to be from the IRS.
- Fairfield resident Laura Devlin received the Republican Party’s endorsement and will run for the House of Representatives seat in the 134th Assembly District representing Fairfield and Trumbull.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Open Houses In Fairfield This Weekend
- 5 Southport Students Win National Awards At History Day Contest