FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield residents are invited to provide input at a meeting to discuss proposed repairs and renovations to the Penfield Beach Pavilion on Thursday, Aug. 14, at 6 p.m. in the Board of Education Center.
Penfield Building Committee will be presented with architectural drawings describing the recommended repair option that reduces the footprint of Penfield Pavilion and repairs and raises the remaining structure on new timber pile supported foundations in compliance with the recently revised FEMA Flood Zone requirements. The structure was heavily damaged during Hurricane Sandy.
“The committee is looking forward to public attendance and comment at this upcoming meeting," First Selectman Mike Tetreau said in a statement. "I want to thank the committee for their diligent work in helping to get this important project completed properly.”
The Board of Education Center is at 501 Kings Highway E. in Fairfield.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders