FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Fairfield residents are invited to provide input at a meeting to discuss proposed repairs and renovations to the Penfield Beach Pavilion on Thursday, Aug. 14, at 6 p.m. in the Board of Education Center.
Penfield Building Committee will be presented with architectural drawings describing the recommended repair option that reduces the footprint of Penfield Pavilion and repairs and raises the remaining structure on new timber pile supported foundations in compliance with the recently revised FEMA Flood Zone requirements. The structure was heavily damaged during Hurricane Sandy.
“The committee is looking forward to public attendance and comment at this upcoming meeting," First Selectman Mike Tetreau said in a statement. "I want to thank the committee for their diligent work in helping to get this important project completed properly.”
The Board of Education Center is at 501 Kings Highway E. in Fairfield.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Fairfield Gas Station Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Help ID'ing Suspect
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 4 United Illuminating Repairs Power Outages In Fairfield After Storm
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced