FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- Fairfield firefighters freed a female bicyclist who was trapped underneath an SUV after an accident on Stratfield Road.
- Graduation rates at Fairfield Ludlowe and Fairfield Warde High Schools dipped slightly from 2012 to 2013.
- A Milford man was arrested after a police chase on I-95 from Fairfield toward Stratford early after a report of a stolen car.
- During a long investigation involving strangulation, risk of injury to minors, violation of protective orders and trespassing, Fairfield police charged a local man with possession of two assault weapons.
- The Fairfield Republican Town Committee has re-elected Chairman James Millington.
- Retired tennis star James Blake, who grew up in Fairfield, released a statement reacting to the murder-suicide arson that took place at a Florida home he owns.
- Only 31 percent of Connecticut residents surveyed view the state as the best or one of the best states in the country to live in.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured
- 3 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 4 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 5 Fairfield Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up