RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - The father of the 15-month-old baby who died in the car had gone to his place of employment with the child in the car and parked, Ridgefield police said Wednesday morning.
No 911 calls were received about the incident, Ridgefield Police Capt. Jeff Kreitz said. But police determined that the father had parked his car at his workplace in Ridgefield with his son inside.
"Ridgefield detectives are still conducting interviews to ascertain the exact amount of time the 15-month-old was left in the vehicle," Kreitz released in an email at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Police said late Tuesday that after finding his son in the car, the father drove him to Danbury Hospital.
Police say the cause of death is still pending from the Connecticut Medical Examiner's Office.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Stephen Bowers, 53, Longtime Fairfield Resident, Worked At GE
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders