FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield this week:
- In less than a half-hour Thursday afternoon, a man robbed two banks in Fairfield, taking an unknown amount of cash, police said.
- The Fairfield Plan and Zoning Commission held a public hearing to hear reaction to plan to build a pharmacy in town that is licensed to sell medical marijuana.
- A teenager was arrested after calling Metro-North several times from the Fairfield Train Station asking about delays and finally saying he "might as well jump in front of a train," police said.
- Three Fairfield University college students were ticketed on underage drinking charges.
- A new playground was built on Penfield Beach in honor of a victim of the Sandy Hook shooting.