FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Romanian man was found guilty in the death of former Sacred Heart University basketball player Chauncey Hardy in October 2011.
Ionut Adrian Tanasoaia was sentenced to seven years in prison in the death of Hardy, 23, who played for the Pioneers from 2006-10. Hardy played at Xavier in Middletown in high school.
Prosecutors said Tanasoaia punched Hardy on Oct. 9, 2011, at a club in Giurgiu, Romania, according to a report. Hardy was playing for a local team at the time. Hardy fell, suffered severe brain injuries and two neck fractures. He died after surgery at a hospital in Bucharest.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Fairfield
- 3 NY Times Details Watch Obsession Of Fairfield's John Mayer
- 4 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 Chemicals In Pizza Boxes, Cell Phones Pose Risk, Scientists Say