FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Romanian man was found guilty in the death of former Sacred Heart University basketball player Chauncey Hardy in October 2011.
Ionut Adrian Tanasoaia was sentenced to seven years in prison in the death of Hardy, 23, who played for the Pioneers from 2006-10. Hardy played at Xavier in Middletown in high school.
Prosecutors said Tanasoaia punched Hardy on Oct. 9, 2011, at a club in Giurgiu, Romania, according to a report. Hardy was playing for a local team at the time. Hardy fell, suffered severe brain injuries and two neck fractures. He died after surgery at a hospital in Bucharest.
- 1 National Weather Service: Fairfield's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 4 Fairfield Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Fairfield To Celebrate 375th Anniversary With Grand Gala