FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Romanian man was found guilty in the death of former Sacred Heart University basketball player Chauncey Hardy in October 2011.
Ionut Adrian Tanasoaia was sentenced to seven years in prison in the death of Hardy, 23, who played for the Pioneers from 2006-10. Hardy played at Xavier in Middletown in high school.
Prosecutors said Tanasoaia punched Hardy on Oct. 9, 2011, at a club in Giurgiu, Romania, according to a report. Hardy was playing for a local team at the time. Hardy fell, suffered severe brain injuries and two neck fractures. He died after surgery at a hospital in Bucharest.
- 1 Police Charge Fairfield Man With Interfering With Officer, DUI After Crash
- 2 Fairfield Business Falls Victim To UI Scam; Police Expecting Similar Crimes
- 3 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 5 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal