FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Detectives in the Fairfield Police Department are investigating an armed robbery at the Brooklawn Liquor Store.
- New York State Police conducted several DWI checkpoints throughout Westchester that resulted in the arrest of five suspects, including Marcela A. Ramirez, 29, of Greenwich, and Anthony Frabizzio, 34, of Fairfield.
- A 24-year-old woman Brittany Ann Hacker was arrested on charges of leaving her 4-year-old daughter alone in a hotel room in Fairfield while having a fight with her ex-husband at his Easton home.
- Miguel Rolon Martinez of Bridgeport and a 17-year-old male were charged with several counts of burglary after stolen laptops were found in his car.
- Two people Evan Brown, 30, and Lateefah Watson, 34, from the Bronx, N.Y., were accused of using a 3-year-old child as a distraction and attempting to steal several bottles of liquor from a store.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Fairfield
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters