FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- Detectives in the Fairfield Police Department are investigating an armed robbery at the Brooklawn Liquor Store.
- New York State Police conducted several DWI checkpoints throughout Westchester that resulted in the arrest of five suspects, including Marcela A. Ramirez, 29, of Greenwich, and Anthony Frabizzio, 34, of Fairfield.
- A 24-year-old woman Brittany Ann Hacker was arrested on charges of leaving her 4-year-old daughter alone in a hotel room in Fairfield while having a fight with her ex-husband at his Easton home.
- Miguel Rolon Martinez of Bridgeport and a 17-year-old male were charged with several counts of burglary after stolen laptops were found in his car.
- Two people Evan Brown, 30, and Lateefah Watson, 34, from the Bronx, N.Y., were accused of using a 3-year-old child as a distraction and attempting to steal several bottles of liquor from a store.
- 1 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Supporters Gather Across Fairfield County To Hear From Bernie Sanders