FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Fairfield last week:
- A 43-year-old man, Derrick Best, who failed to sign up with the state's Sex Offender Registry was arrested by officers responding to a trespassing call at the Fairfield Motor Inn.
- A driver, 23-year-old Mark Wittkofske of Milford, was arrested on a drunken driving charge after traveling erratically toward Westport on the Post Road, including driving on a sidewalk .
- Allen Liptak, 38, of Fairfield, was charged with disorderly conduct and violation of a protective order after an argument with his ex-wife escalated.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed they are investigating the death.
- A 29-year-old driver, Adam Litze of Stratford, was arrested after a Fairfield police officer stopped his car for speeding while on a routine patrol, and found fireworks and weapons in the car .
- Fairfield police arrested 27-year-old Mario Posta of Stratford in connection with an incident last month when he went into the Yellow Moon Toy store and yelled at an employee, scaring customers.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.