FAIRFIELD, Conn. – A Bridgeport man was arrested in connection with the theft of jewelry from two Fairfield homes in burglaries last fall, according to police reports.
The first case occurred on Brookview Avenue on Oct. 22. The homeowner told police that he returned to find the back door open and cash and assorted jewelry missing from the home. On Nov. 22, a Woodside Circle resident reported a similar case. In that incident a back door was pushed in and jewelry was reported missing.
On the day of the Woodside Circle burglary police saw Francisco Garcia, 32, of Bridgeport nearby on Stratfield Road, police say. Officers saw Garcia walk onto a property toward a pair of packages left on the doorstep, but he then walked away when he saw police, according to police reports. He was interviewed at the time but released for lack of evidence, police say.
In a follow-up investigation last month police found some of the jewelry reported missing in both burglaries at a Bridgeport pawn shop, according to police reports. The store’s records showed that Garcia had sold the items, police say.
Garcia was arrested Friday morning and charged with two counts each of third-degree burglary and third-degree larceny, both felonies. He is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 28.
- 1 Christmas Eve Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light
- 5 Two Bridgeport Men Plead Guilty To Robbery Spree In Fairfield