FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With traffic tied up in Fairfield County on Friday afternoon, May 30, motorists should brace for summertime start-of-weekend delays, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
On Interstate 95 northbound, traffic is congested for 28 miles from Exit 2 for Delavan Avenue in Greenwich, through Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield to Exit 27 for Lafayette Boulevard in downtown Bridgeport, DOT said.
On the Merritt Parkway, northbound traffic jams are reported for 28 miles from Exit 29 in Greenwich for Lake Avenue, and through Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield to Exit 51 in Trumbull for Route 108, DOT said.
On I-84 eastbound in Danbury, traffic is congested for nearly 7 miles between Exits 2 and 7, DOT said.
- 1 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Fairfield Sky