FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With traffic tied up in Fairfield County on Friday afternoon, May 30, motorists should brace for summertime start-of-weekend delays, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
On Interstate 95 northbound, traffic is congested for 28 miles from Exit 2 for Delavan Avenue in Greenwich, through Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield to Exit 27 for Lafayette Boulevard in downtown Bridgeport, DOT said.
On the Merritt Parkway, northbound traffic jams are reported for 28 miles from Exit 29 in Greenwich for Lake Avenue, and through Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield to Exit 51 in Trumbull for Route 108, DOT said.
On I-84 eastbound in Danbury, traffic is congested for nearly 7 miles between Exits 2 and 7, DOT said.
- 1 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Fairfield Man Arrested After Strangling Girlfriend While She Was Driving
- 4 Fairfield's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Fairfield Must Prepare