FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With traffic tied up in Fairfield County on Friday afternoon, May 30, motorists should brace for summertime start-of-weekend delays, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
On Interstate 95 northbound, traffic is congested for 28 miles from Exit 2 for Delavan Avenue in Greenwich, through Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield to Exit 27 for Lafayette Boulevard in downtown Bridgeport, DOT said.
On the Merritt Parkway, northbound traffic jams are reported for 28 miles from Exit 29 in Greenwich for Lake Avenue, and through Stamford, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield to Exit 51 in Trumbull for Route 108, DOT said.
On I-84 eastbound in Danbury, traffic is congested for nearly 7 miles between Exits 2 and 7, DOT said.
- 1 Teen Charged With Reckless Driving In Crash That Injured Warde Student
- 2 Fairfield's Plan B Burger Is Finally Ready To Open Its Doors
- 3 Police: Mercedes-Benz Of Fairfield Sees Rash Of Car Thefts
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Fairfield
- 5 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station