FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- United Illuminating announced an eight-year plan to trim or remove trees that are proving troublesome for power lines at a recent Fairfield Board of Selectmen meeting, according to Minuteman News Center.
The utility issued the plan in an effort to reduce outages in the area by eliminating trees and limbs that knock out power lines during storms, Minuteman News Center reported.
UI would need the town's permission for any publicly owned trees while homeowners would be notified of any work done to trees on private property, Minuteman News Center said.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Gas Line Ruptured, Homes Evacuated On Fairfield Beach Road
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Open Houses In Fairfield This Weekend
- 5 Southport Students Win National Awards At History Day Contest