FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- United Illuminating announced an eight-year plan to trim or remove trees that are proving troublesome for power lines at a recent Fairfield Board of Selectmen meeting, according to Minuteman News Center.
The utility issued the plan in an effort to reduce outages in the area by eliminating trees and limbs that knock out power lines during storms, Minuteman News Center reported.
UI would need the town's permission for any publicly owned trees while homeowners would be notified of any work done to trees on private property, Minuteman News Center said.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 NY Times Details Watch Obsession Of Fairfield's John Mayer
- 3 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Doctor From Fairfield Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud