FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- United Illuminating announced an eight-year plan to trim or remove trees that are proving troublesome for power lines at a recent Fairfield Board of Selectmen meeting, according to Minuteman News Center.
The utility issued the plan in an effort to reduce outages in the area by eliminating trees and limbs that knock out power lines during storms, Minuteman News Center reported.
UI would need the town's permission for any publicly owned trees while homeowners would be notified of any work done to trees on private property, Minuteman News Center said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car At Fairfield Elks Club
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money