FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- United Illuminating announced an eight-year plan to trim or remove trees that are proving troublesome for power lines at a recent Fairfield Board of Selectmen meeting, according to Minuteman News Center.
The utility issued the plan in an effort to reduce outages in the area by eliminating trees and limbs that knock out power lines during storms, Minuteman News Center reported.
UI would need the town's permission for any publicly owned trees while homeowners would be notified of any work done to trees on private property, Minuteman News Center said.
- 1 Police: Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Fairfield Man Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Boy Reports Suspicious Incident With Car In Fairfield Parking Lot
- 3 Woman Killed By Amtrak Train In Milford
- 4 Police: No Suspects In Bomb Threat Made At Seagrape, Inn At Fairfield Beach
- 5 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire