FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- United Illuminating announced an eight-year plan to trim or remove trees that are proving troublesome for power lines at a recent Fairfield Board of Selectmen meeting, according to Minuteman News Center.
The utility issued the plan in an effort to reduce outages in the area by eliminating trees and limbs that knock out power lines during storms, Minuteman News Center reported.
UI would need the town's permission for any publicly owned trees while homeowners would be notified of any work done to trees on private property, Minuteman News Center said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Fairfield
- 2 Keep An Eye On Your Purse; Fairfield Police Show How Easy It Is To Steal
- 3 Rollover Accident Cleared From Merritt Parkway Near Fairfield
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Fairfield Man Arrested On DUI, Narcotics Charges After Running Red Light