FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Here’s a list of what’s open and closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day in and around Fairfield:
▪ Old Town Hall and Sullivan Independence Hall are both closed Monday.
▪ Fairfield Public Schools are closed Monday.
▪ The Fairfield Public Library and the Fairfield Woods Branch Library both are closed Monday.
▪ The Pequot Library is closed Monday, except for its Mid-Winter Book Sale, which is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
▪ The Town Fitness Center is open normal hours Monday.
▪ The Fairfield Museum and History Center is open normal hours (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Monday. It has special events planned for the day, including a quilting workshop at 10 a.m., a lecture on the “Freedom Riders” at 2 p.m., and a film screening at 7 p.m.
▪ The Connecticut Audubon Society’s Center at Fairfield and Birdcraft Museum both are open normal hours Monday.
▪ The Beardsley Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, and is offering a discounted admission of $5 all day.
▪ The Discovery Museum is open Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.