FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Monday is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open or closed in Fairfield.
- Both Branches of the Fairfield Public Library
- Fairfield Town Hall and all Board of Education offices will be closed.
- Post Office branches
- All state offices and courthouses
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown
- Most banks will be closed, but check ahead.
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North trains will run on a normal weekday schedule.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.