FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Need to shower or recharge your batteries? Here’s a list of amenities available to Fairfield residents still recovering from Hurricane Sandy:
▪ Fairfield University’s RecPlex (1073 N. Benson Road) is open to those who need to shower.
▪ Planet Fitness is still without power, but once it reopens it will also be available for showers to the public.
▪ The Fairfield Police Station (100 Reef Road), Fire Station 1 (140 Reef Road) and Fire Station 2 (600 Jennings Road) have cell phone and laptop charging stations.
▪ The emergency shelter at Fairfield Ludlowe High School (785 Unquowa Road) also has a charging station and other amenities.
▪ The town has set up information stations at Shoprite (1975 Black Rock Turnpike) and the former Stratfield IGA (Stratfield Road and Fairfield Woods Road) where residents can get information in person.